- During race kit collection on Friday, the volunteers took 30 minutes to get my bib as my name wasn't in the list. So at last they came up with a bib with hand written numbers for me. Sedihnya because I registered early and hub had no problem with his. But they were apologetic enough so whatever.
|keshian kat shaye|
- Hub just got back from his week in the hutan so he was lacking of rest and sleep but insisted on going for this run, barefoot. Told him the least he could do is take it at a slower pace (mine) and be my pacer.
- This is my last race before Ramadhan!
- Did I tell you I loved the goodie bag. By far, this race has got the most goodies in a bag. My brother pointed out that I paid RM30 fees, so I'm supposed to get those things. Thing is, some RM45-RM60 races don't give out anything more than a banana post race.
|banyak oo..and we got 2 shirts in the bag. Notice the rubix cube.|
- We were supposed to be flagged off at 7.00 am but they made us wait at the Majlis Perbandaran Taiping building. There were so many participants for a small town race and everyone was talking and ignoring the poor uncle on the megaphone. At 7.20 am, when the iron gate opened, naturally everyone started running only to be stopped a few seconds later. Rupanya there was another starting point. Cis, buang karan.
- So after some VIP stopped blabering to himself, we were gunned off slightly over 7.30 am! The route started at Taman Tasik Taiping. We knew this route like the back of our hands ( eceh) so it was quite okay. I planned to go at 6 minutes/km and anything below 1:30 would be good.
- Tapikan, after two flat races ( SCKLM and Ipoh Run), I couldn't get the hang of this quite hilly route. I was quite struggling on the hills but forced myself to keep up with hubs. Hills suck.
- To get my mind off the fatigue-ness and my palpitating heart ( now what's up with that?), I tried to concentrate on getting past the girl, any girl in front of me. Ini bukan kiasu, ini adalah motivasi. heh heh.
- The motorist here are nice enough, just quietly waiting for us runners to pass without honking or cursing or anything, unlike in Ipoh. The RELA and Police did a superb job.
- What can I say about the route? It's our town, we're familiar with the route, we know what to expect and when. What can I say more? It 's Taiping, it's beautiful. Oh yes, except it's quite hilly.
- When I reached the 10K marker, my watch showed 58 minutes. Woo hoo.
- Hub acted as motivater/pacer/traffic watcher. It was nice running with him again. Except I did wish his elbows didn't bump onto mine that often and he'd stop singing sometimes.
- I let him run ahead at his pace on mile 8. At this time , the 15K route merged with the 7K route. Banyak nya budak sekolah lengang kangkung and I had to weave in and out through town.
- Finally sampai. Got no 27 in my category.
|Like I said, anything below 1:30 is good. Backround go green oo|
Gambar je la ek? Layann...
|Post run meal. Okla kan? Banana pun dapat.|
|Post run feet ( hubs punya la) Still clean!|
|Post Run makan. Walaupun kureng, tapi bedal je laa..|
|Post run sengeh ( berkelah on the lawn ala omputeh aa)|
|Post run Mat Kol Mat Kol Kawan Kol|
|Post Run medal ( presentation ala Vana White)|