When I was in the car, driving home from work just now, I had tonnes of idea on what to write in my report but now, as I sit here gawking at the monitor, my mind goes blank trying to think of an appropriate intro.
Apa ah? Apa ah?
Mula je lah, redah je.
Point form boleh tak?
- We arrived early to cheer on the full marathoners but as it was raining like anything, we lepak-ed under the Standard Chartered tent talking to Ijam and watching old uncles ( who had 10K bibs) nodding off to sleep on the lazy chairs.
-I dunno why but I wwas so hungry prerace ( despite the fact that we carbo loaded the night before with piles of nasi briyani and tauhu bakar). I polished off almost 2 cream buns. I was still hungry right before gun off.
- I've never been to an event this big, with so many participants.We started at the back of the pack and it took almost 2 minutes to cross the starting line. Then we had to weave through the crowd to find some decent running space.
- Hub decided to run with me until I reached my desired pace, then I let him go ahead to run at his pace. His feet went off in a pitty patty motion and I wwatched him dissapear into the crowd. Sedih la pulak.
-I have no polar, I have no Garmin so I can't tell the exact pace I'm going. So how was I to know if I'm moving too slow ( or too fast?eceh). I told hubs this prerace and his brilliant solution is that I calcute the timing with the distance I'm going.It all goes fine right until I reach 14.5KM and suddenly the mathematical part of my brain goes blonde and I'm like ," Err..14.5 X 6, then must convert to hours..err..apa ah?". By the time I figured out the answer, I found out that I was 7 minutes off. Ayak!
- Then I had to do one of those negative split thingys, so I fished out one of the 3 powergoos stashed in my pockets secretly hoping it's not chocolate but hey, it turned out to be chocolate anyway and took half. Somehow chocolate powergoo tasted like kuah rojak but swallowed anyway.
- I hate hills, right? So I remebered what Nadia once wrote, that hills are like karma. If it goes up, it will eventually come down. To get over those hills, I anticipated the downhill part. Whee..
-There was this other guy barefooted along the way and I wanted to tap him so badly on the back and say " My husband is doing that too!" but I didn't have the nerve because I was afraid he would think " Sebok je minah ni"..haha.
- There was also this guy wearing Vibrams/Teftas ( I can't tell them apart) and his feet went sloshing all the way. Are they supposed to slosh?
-Somebosy should've warn girls about running long distance in white vests/shirts. There are pink ones, polkadot ones, leopard print ones and even granny ones. And I'm not talking about the colour of vests.
-I love it that The FMVs had their official shirt on so I can cheer them on along the way ( kenal atau tidak belakang kira)
- The sign board says 1K to go and I'm on Jalan Tar. 5 years I've lived in KL but I had no idea Jalan Tar can tembus to Dataran Merdeka one. Had to weave in and out again through the 10K crowd.
-I finally see the end of the line and I'm seconds away from my target time. I gave all I got left while my eyes are fixed on my ten ringgit watch, watching the seconds go by. So if all my finishing photos shows me looking at my wrists, it's all my fault.
Just barely made it
Offcial results as taken a few moments ago:
Congratulations Julinda Kassim on completing the
2010 KL Marathon
in a finish time of: 2:15:16
(as usual my finishing photo looks weird so I will not post it here harhar)
- I blogged about dreaming a PB a few nights back. Well, in that dream I got a 2:17. Reality is even better!
- Met up with hubs " whatcha get?" He got 1:53. Me? proud? Yes. Jealous? Also yes. Haha.
- He said " I saw to this guy and that girl and this woman and that man along the way" and I go " Duhh, I couldn't even spot KLCC along the route."
- Couldn't stay long although we really wanted too. More races to come, I'm sure we'll bump to each other one way or another.
Congrats bosses on your races regardless the distance or timing.
You are all super!
SCKLM 2017 - Running Clinics
1 day ago