Or so I thought.
- Race kit collection was such a breeze. I love small races.
- It was also our first race with my brother in law, Din. And his first race in Malaysia. Previously he used to participate in races in UK.
- Din innocently asked whether they'd have water stations and I replied ," It's a 10K race, they'd probably have two." Boy, was I wrong. They had none.
- And no St John's either, because I could see none, and because none attended to Din when he collapsed ( But that's another entry, I promise),He collapsed just in front of Penang's General Hospital, Thank God.
- I ran, noticing the same people in races in the Nothern States. There was ' Uncle tak pakai baju', 'BM Leopard Runner who had cramps in Taiping Run', our friend Bakri, and a few dozen familiar faces we've seen more than once.
- Hubs zoomed ahead for a PB. I thought I zoomed too, but I guess I didn't zoom enough.
- Overall course was in Penang City itself, us weaving in and out from this road to that,inhaling carbon monoxide along the way from passing cars who don't give a f about us runners. But we had a long incline of almost 1 mile, which slowed most of us down.
- Slowed most of us down except this one lady mat salleh runner running with a baby stroller who whizzed past the rest of us up the hill and made us feel like burying our heads in the dirt.
- Ontahlah, rasa cam winded sket in this race. Probably due to lack of training outside ( just started two weeks ago) and lack of racing? Or maybe because I wasn't wearing my gray pants? Nununununu ( lagu twilight zone)
- So I achieved PB in an official 10K race. 61 minutes. It was actually 10.2 K
- But I've recorded better 10K time in a 15K race and a half marathon. But who cares. A PB is a PB is a PB. Bukannya menang pon. Kuang kuang.
- Hubs got his PB : 49 minutes. Here's a proof running slowly everyday helps.
- Din got his first experience in the ER but like I said, I'll save that for later and let him rest.
- When I got home, my daughter played with my medal and somehow 'lost' the darn thing. I'm still searching for it in the TV room.
- Haish, ni mula la doubt berbunga-bunga untuk timing marathon PBIM nih.
- Pastu, kenapa bullet ni lari ke tengah pulak dah.
Exhibit A : Di depan Kolej Pergigian Penang. My legs look freakishly kurus like alien one and pose like Ultraman taro. Spelled p.o.y.o.
Exhibit B : Err..none sebab camera kaput lepas tu.