Sunday, June 14, 2009

finally

It all started at 4am Sunday, me and hub took off to Penang with me having a slight tummy ache.

At 5.40 after fajr prayers on the parking lot, my initial butterflies in my stomach turned out to be the feeling to berak after all..theehee. After a trip to the loo, I was pscyed up again.

At 6.30 we started almost at the back of the pack..no worries, we run at our own pace

derap derup derap derup..

At 1k, half of them started walking. Apa lagi..potong le.

I didn’t even feel the 3.5K

Hub asked permission to go at his pace at 4K. I let him. 10 seconds later he was out of sight (menunjukkan betapa lambatnya aku lari..kehkeh)

Beat the girl who kept running and brisk walking alternatively.

beat the guy who had a mineral bottle water clutched in his hand

Beat this incredible aunty who somehow at 4 k was in front of me the whole time.

At the last 5.5 k, this Kenyan Runner who was in the 26K beat me. Gila hapa. Macam crite The Gods Must be Crazy.

At the finishing line, I was thrilled to see 39 mins on my watch. Walaupun aku tgk ramai gila dah abis before me but this was my personal best tau.

So I did it guys..

I finally did my 6k..it’s like 6 years long overdue.

But I did it. In my record time. Only 4 mins later than last years 6K Malakoff KL 6K Women’s Category winner.

But like I stressed before. I’m doing this not with getting first place in mind. I don’t pay my bills with running. Kalau tak anak-anak aku mmgle tak makan.

I do this for the experience, the excercise, the endorphins. I’m doing this so that my kids can look back one day and say my mommy is a runner.

Emphasize the ‘is’ ( not was).

Ipoh International 10 k..here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment